Strange Happenings When Replying to Hotmail

gazmania 22:21 29 Jan 04

When replying to, or forwarding an email using MSN Hotmail I am getting a strange effect if I want to keep the text of the original email. Basically, the original text loses all it's formatting and line breaks. It formats itself to a whole block of text instead of keeping its rich text properties. If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful because the original text looks like a load of jumbled mess.

AubreyS 22:32 29 Jan 04

^

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:58 29 Jan 04

Im not sure about this but do you need to have HTML turned on in hotmail?.In mail settings there are some ortions from basic to advanced dont know if any will cure this tho.

Regards.

gazmania 23:00 29 Jan 04

I've looked thru the options as close as possible. Can't find anything connected with this problem.

gazmania 19:14 02 Feb 04

Has anyone herre come across this problem. It's really annoying.
H E L P please, I beg you. :-)

Valvegrid 19:42 02 Feb 04

I notice in Options there's something called Original Text Indicator that says:

Original message text included in a reply may be separated horizontally using a line of dashes or marked at the beginning of each line with a symbol ('>').

Underneath there are three tick boxes, the first one says none, if it's ticked try un-ticking it, try ticking the box that says: Begin each line with ">" and see if that works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…