Strange happenings on my PC

colberly 10:06 17 Apr 04

Yesterday my PC seemed to be playing up, when I switched on the little connection popup box kept trying to access the internet. I did several virus scans with my AVG, trend micro and Mcafee free scans, nothing. I also did a search for trojans with the same result. In the ZA programs list I found lexpliore.exe. this appeared to be the problem. In the end I did a system restore to a previous date, followed by another virus scan and a further scan for trojans after turning off system restore. Nothing again was found but everything was normal afterards and the lexpliore.exe had totally disappeared. So don't know what it was, has anyone heard of this please?

Gongoozler 10:29 17 Apr 04

Iexplore (I think that's what you meant) is simply Internet Explorer. You checked for viruses and trojans. Did you check for adware? (Adaware from click here)

colberly 10:50 17 Apr 04

Gongoozler, believe me I checked everything, and it definitely was lexpliore.exe. Somehow it also appeared in msconfig in startup. I double checked that to make absolutely sure. The gremlins were at it again, but at least the've disappeared for the time being at any rate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…