Strange happenings with Javascript in Opera 8?

octal 22:18 20 Apr 05

I wondered why I wasn't getting the adverts that this site relies on, so I've been playing with the settings, I'll try and explain this as best I can. If I go to Tools>Quick Preferencies and take the tick out of JavaScript to stop it, then test it with this site click here it tells me quite rightly Javascript is disabled.

When I come back to this site the Adtech advert appears on the right hand side with Javascript dissabled. If I go back and put the tick back in to enable it, the advert vanishes!

I'm confused, this seems to be working the opposite way around, Javascript enabled, advert vanishes, Javascript disabled, advert appears.

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here? I'm using Opera 8 for Linux Debian. I wonder if the Windows version is giving similar results?

octal 22:26 20 Apr 05

I think it must be this site, I've just tried it in Lycos, which relies heavily on JavaScript and it all works as it should, the correct way around.

octal 22:29 20 Apr 05

I think I'll tick it and not worry about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…