Strange Happenings

Alan-Petrie 00:09 17 Oct 07

Hi lots of different problems seem to have arised in the same day (tuesday). This morning my pc froze and a blue screen with this text was displayed

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in this stop message, disable the drivere or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe to remove or disable components... it then explained how to get to safe mode.

Technical information

*** STOP: 0x0000007E ( 0x0000005 , 0x00000000 , 0x9A81BC80 , 0x9A81B97C)
collecting data for crash dump...
Initiliazing disk for crash dump...
Begging dump of physical memory...
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
physical memory dump complete

I then restarted my pc turned it off, came back later used it then when I sarted a game disk the pc froze and the same screen came back, turned it off, later on went to use it again and when I turned it on I got a diffrent blue screen talking about royal.sys file I belive this is a driver for my nvidia motherboard. Also when i have had a game disk in then I eject it via the button on the front of my pc case and put a new disc in my pc doesn't recognise a change, but if I do it through my computer it does anyone know anything about this or what to do because I sure dont. Thanks Alan and sory for th long post.

brundle 00:14 17 Oct 07

A long post is welcome, plenty of information.
1. Anti-virus software update and full scan
2. Disk check ; click here
3. (and this is what I think is the root cause) Failing PSU ; try the machine with all unneccessary hardware disconnected.

brundle 00:15 17 Oct 07

A more thorough disk check is also worthwhile if your machine works more reliably after you unplug things; click here

Alan-Petrie 09:58 17 Oct 07

ok should I try all the things I have't done that the blue screen talked about and I only bought the psu in july from hiper so it should still be covered thankfuly.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:18 17 Oct 07

0x0000007E

It's a HARDWARE fault - it'd suspect either your hard drive or the RAM.
Do a disk check and a memory test

Memory Test
click here
click here

I had a similar message earlier this year,it was memory in my case.
Have you upgraded recently?

Alan-Petrie 21:10 18 Oct 07

yeah I just put the pc together my self in July.

Hi if you google royal.sys there seems to be alot of problems related to the nvidia chipset and vista activation.
heres an example of one
click here
try the nvidia forums for some pointers.

Alan-Petrie 19:27 25 Oct 07

hi It been a couple of days now and nothing out of the ordinary has happened so thanks for your help again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…