strange happenings

jimmer409® 19:13 30 Sep 04

last night, fired up the laptop to review various
bank accounts, etc. was able to enter password etc. but all the popup link were not available. very puzzling, than noted on the sys tray that neither norton anti-virus nor my norton firewall were loaded??? fired up norton systemworks and found that both were disabled (strange!)now what, ran scan no virus, ran update, no update, loaded avg ran scan, nothing. oh forgot to say could not enable either norton program, finally restored two days previous, all okay. does anyone have any ideas, my main concern is that i could not enable anti-virus or firewall. the only thing that i could think of today (racking my brians) is that the day before i was expermenting with sp2 and enabled the windows firewall, could this have turned off my norton

nyleridedog 19:18 30 Sep 04

have you tried going to websites such as symantec.com, i had virus like this that disabled my firwall an avg, and it also stopped yer from going to avg sites
give it a go an get back
cheers

jimmer409® 19:22 30 Sep 04

thanks nyl, yes went to the mother site, could see nothing applicable to the problem, as stated, norton and avg detected no virus

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:22 30 Sep 04

Norton and XP firewalss conflict use the norton one only

jimmer409® 19:25 30 Sep 04

thanks f/b yes i now realize this after some research, thats why i turned off the windows firewall, but the question remains, could it have turned off norton and made impossible to enable??

Irishman 19:54 30 Sep 04

There have been reported problems with the SP2 firewall not recognising Norton and other firewalls and turning them off by default.

jimmer409® 20:00 30 Sep 04

irishman, can you give me a link

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…