Strange "goldfish bowl" shaped display in games.

Cybermaxx 18:29 06 Aug 04

I'm just wondering what causes this. It only happens in a handful of games (Chrome, Battlefield 1942 for example). The left and right hand edges of the screen are curved, and changing the screen resolution makes no difference at all.

I'm using a bog standard 17 inch CRT monitor, less than two years old. Changing graphics cards makes no difference (I have a Radeon 9000 and a 9600). Anyone any ideas/remedies? Cheers.

Cybermaxx 19:50 06 Aug 04

Er, bump!

Anyone? I really would like to discover what's causing this problem.

Agent Smith 20:40 06 Aug 04

The technical term is "Pincushion" you may be able to adjust it in your monitor settings. I have a Belinea monitor that sometimes does something similar but thankfully it hasn't done it for a few months now. It may just be a glitch or signs of something more drastic. Time will tell.

Agent Smith 20:42 06 Aug 04

try switching the monitor off and then on again a few seconds later (just the monitor) that worked for me. Sorry I meant to mention that in my first post.

Cybermaxx 21:54 06 Aug 04

I really don't think the monitor is on it's last legs! As I say, it only does this on certain games. I'll try out your suggestion. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…