Strange folders in XP

roi 00:32 15 Feb 04

I'm running Windows XP. I've noticed in my C-drive a folder called KPCMS. It contains lots of .tmp files, and two sub-folders: CMSCP and DPCDB. I can't find out anything about CMSCP, which contains only one file: cp01, created in 1995. DPCDB seems to be caching a lot of my .doc files, as well as some others. DPCDB could stand for Distributed Characteristics and Performance Database, but I run into the sand trying to find out more. KPCMS could be Kodak Precision Color Management System, but I've no idea why they are on my PC. Any ideas, or am I being paranoid?

VoG II 00:47 15 Feb 04

Do you have Adobe PageMaker click here

roi 01:00 15 Feb 04

I didn't have it, but your link leads me to think that some OCR or scanning software may have been responsible for the creation of the folders and their contents. tks.

roi 13:05 15 Feb 04

I've deleted the folders, with no ill effects. I had worried they might have been similar to 'xerox'!

Thanx.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…