Strange file on my drive

belayer 20:22 24 Aug 09

I have just noticed a strange folder on my external drive, it is called filterpipelineprintproc.dll and it contains two file folders amd64 and i386.

Whatever I try I cannot delete it or move it. I have changed its name in a pathetic attempt to immobilise it.

If I look at the two files they contain other files which seem to be something to do with Microssoft XPS and msx.

Are they harmful? I suspect they werte downloaded as part of Automatic Updates from Miscrosoft, but got put on the external drive somehow in error.

GaT7 20:29 24 Aug 09

You're right - possibly leftover Windows update files, so nothing to be alarmed about. I think some large(ish) updates choose the largest available partition/drive to unpack & do its thing - I've noticed this on my PC too.

If you cannot delete it / them the normal way, use Unlocker click here. G

BRYNIT 20:33 24 Aug 09

This should answer your question click here

belayer 20:37 24 Aug 09

Thanks, I will try that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple