Strange error report.

Meshuga 16:11 11 Jul 04

Periodically I get an error message which says "PFwall.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please tell Microsoft about this".Then there is a box saying " Send error report and another saying dont send". You click on the one you want. I click on Dont Send. Can anyone tell me what this is all about and how can I stop it please? My OS is xp home, Broadband. Meshuga.

VoG II 16:19 11 Jul 04

Are you running the Preventon firewall? If so, that is what is generating the error.

Meshuga 16:28 11 Jul 04

Hi VoG. Yes I do run preventon . What can I do about it please. It happenned when I turned a light off in the room. Could this be caused by a mometary frequency change in the mains. I noticed that the preventon icon in the task bar had gone although it always comes back. Otherwise the PC works as normal. Any suggestions please. Meshuga.

Djohn 16:30 11 Jul 04

If you click on the send report button it will send a report of the error to Microsoft, you don't get a personal reply it goes into their database of problems. Are you by any chance using 2 firewalls? M/S one and zonealarm for instance because using 2 at the same time will cause an error.

Hi VoG™ ;o)

VoG II 16:33 11 Jul 04

Hi Djohn :o)

I would try the old favourite: uninstall then reinstall Preventon.

Meshuga 16:44 11 Jul 04

Hi Djohn, Only running preventon FW, no other.Will uninstall and reinstall as per VoG. Many thanks to you both. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…