Strange error message on screen

ponytail 11:07 10 Jan 15
Answered

First of all must apologise for the length of this message. Just been to Tescos and left my laptop on as was only going to be about 15 mins when I got back the following message was on the screen in a blue background. A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. SYSTEMSERVICEEXCEPTION If this is the first time you have seen this error screen restart your computer.If this screen appears again follow these steps. Check to make sure any new hardware/software is properly installed. If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware/software disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.I have not installed any new hardware/software since I bought this laptop.I did get this screen before but a long time ago maybe last summer.My OS is windows 7 can someone try and explain what this screen means.Thank's

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:12 10 Jan 15

I have not installed any new hardware/software since I bought this laptop

you need to make sure that all the windows updates have been installed before trying anything else.

ponytail 17:22 10 Jan 15

I have just done a windows update

ponytail 17:22 10 Jan 15
Answer

I have just done a windows update

Ian in Northampton 18:30 10 Jan 15

Ponytail: that's no strange message - that's the Blue Screen Of Death (aka BSOD) that Windows users have become used to over time. The potential causes are many, and include both hardware and software. It basically means that Windows has encountered some sort of 'fatal' problem/error from which it can't recover, which means it shuts down.

Sometimes, it's a temporary glitsch. As you say, you've seen it once before. Were you able to restart your laptop without problem?

ponytail 08:49 11 Jan 15

Yes started ok

Ian in Northampton 09:08 11 Jan 15

In that case, I wouldn't worry about it.

lotvic 18:07 12 Feb 15

SPAM by Hellokelly15

FE Informed

ponytail 21:13 12 Feb 15

Hi lotvic what did your last reply mean exactly who is FE

Ian in Northampton 21:51 12 Feb 15

ponytail: Forum Editor. When we suspect someone is 'spamming' the forum by promoting on a commercial basis specific products, then we advise the Forum Editor so the post can be removed. Lotvic believes Hellokelly15 is a spammer.

lotvic 22:47 12 Feb 15

Yes, Lotvic believes Hellokelly15 is a spammer. LOL

joins forum and first post is on a Solved thread a month old and he/she suggests a program that costs $54.95c (on offer usual price $109.95c)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…