Strange Epson message.

Tony W. 18:49 18 Dec 09

A few days ago after running an Avast Scan it reported finding a Trojan on of all places on my printer it recommended moving it to the chest which is what I did.

Now whenever I log on to my computer a message comes up on the start up screen saying Epson Status Monitor 3 has had to close sorry for the inconvenience a report has been prepared do you want to send it to Microsoft etc.

Could this be anything to do with the moving of the detected trojan to the chest in which case should I reinstate it.

The printer seems to work OK.

Thanks

Sea Urchin 18:55 18 Dec 09

I think you'll find it was a false positive, and was in fact the file for your status monitor - I would put it back. There is a history of false positives between Avast and Epson.

Sea Urchin 18:57 18 Dec 09

Just to be on the safe side after you've put it back run a scan with Malwarebytes (the free version) to check it doesn't find anything.

click here

Tony W. 19:02 18 Dec 09

Sea Urchin-Thank you have now reinstated and will now run the Malwarebytes free scan.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:34 18 Dec 09

Yes also came up on mine after installing new printer

Advised Avast as false positive, now trying to work out how to stop Avast wailing at me every time I switch the printer on.

:0)

Sea Urchin 19:41 18 Dec 09

Maybe this might help?

click here

Tony W. 20:30 18 Dec 09

Sea Urchin.
Malwarebytes just finished and nothing found so your info was spot on. Thanks again and also for the subsequent link.

Tony.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac