Strange entries in Downloaded Program Files

CurlyWhirly 01:26 22 Nov 04

I have had a browse in my 'Downloaded Program Files' folder and I have come across these 2 entries, namely, IntraLaunch.MainControl and Tukati Launcher.

I have done a Google and discovered that IntraLaunch.MainControl is some sort of DirectX control.
I think that Tukati Launcher is related to spyware.
Does anyone know if I should delete these entries or not?
Thanks.

hugh-265156 01:31 22 Nov 04

update and scan with your avtivirus software and run it, delete all it finds. if you cannot remove anything then disable system restore if you are using windows me or xp and scan again.

install spybot and adaware, up date them both then run them both, one after the other and delete all they find too click here click here

CurlyWhirly 01:36 22 Nov 04

Thanks. The reason why I posted was that my arsenal DOESN'T find anything suspicious but I am just curious what they are?
I use McAfee VirusScan 8, SpyBot, AdAware SE & a2 trojan scanner and not forgetting the McAfee Firewall Plus.

hugh-265156 01:36 22 Nov 04

sorry im sure you know to do that.

try right clicking them in internet explorer/tools/internet options/settings/view objects' and choose 'remove' maybe.

CurlyWhirly 01:38 22 Nov 04

No problem. I could just remove them but it would be nice to know what they are or do first!

CurlyWhirly 01:39 22 Nov 04

I am off to bed now but I will leave this thread open and hope that someone can advise me while I am in work tomorrow!
Good night!

hugh-265156 01:41 22 Nov 04

i think if really needed after you remove them then internet explorer will prompt you to download them again when you visit the site/s that require them.

CurlyWhirly 01:43 22 Nov 04

I have done what you advised. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac