strange emails with attachments

Blubottle 19:52 05 Aug 05

I have never heard of this one. A friend of mine recently rang to tell me that he had recieved an email from me with attachment of 490 Mb. "bt connect" got the right hump and told him to stop downloading emails of this size ( not that he had any intention of doing so). Although this email was on the face of it one of mine I did not send it, we have carried out test and it seems that any email I send to him with attachments over about 2 Mb attracts one of these huge emails headed with my details. I cant work this one out!!!!!!!!!
ANY IDEAS out there.
regards
bluebottle

octal 19:58 05 Aug 05

Does the same happen to anyone else you send emails to?

lotvic 23:39 05 Aug 05

is there anyway he could either 'bounce' the email back to you or 'forward' it back to you? so that you can investigate it - using web-email as they are too big to download to his pc

Forum Editor 23:42 05 Aug 05
  Blubottle 08:52 06 Aug 05

Octal, Only one person has had this problem so far.

lotvic, These emails and attachments are so big they are deleted on the server by my mate, so there is no way to bounce them.
bluebottle

Forum Editor 08:54 06 Aug 05

complete with an attachment of around 2.8Mb. There was obviously no strange 490Mb attachment in this case, which leads me to believe that this is something specific to your friend. Have any of your other recipients reported the same thing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…