Strange Email problem

AlanHo 10:00 13 Jun 07

I have a Vista computer with Outlook 2007 as my default Email programme.

I also have Windows Mail (the Vista replacement for Outlook Express which I use when I need to send or receive animations in the message body - a feature now removed from Outlook 2007)

I am on Virgin media cable broadband (blueyonder) and can access my Email via their webmail server.

My Email accounts are pop3

THE CONUNDRUM...................

This morning on boot up Outlook did not download any mail - which is unusual.

I checked on webmail and saw several messages waiting for download.

I opened Windows Mail and it downloaded the messages - but strangely - also downloaded two that did not show on the server.

Mystified by this - I sent myself a message from Outlook. After 5 minutes it still had not appeared in my webmail inbox.

I opened Windows Mail and to my surprise the test message was downloaded - but was still not showing on webmail.

I tried Outlook again - and the message did not download.

I then sent a test message from Windows Mail. This appeared on webmail but was not downloaded by Outlook.

An hour later I again checked for mail using Outlook and the phantom messages were downloaded. They also appeared on webmail - so things had reverted to normal.

So the question is - how can Email behave in this way. In particular, how can messages not showing in the webmail inbox be downloaded to my computer and why did Outlook and Windows Mail behave so differently.

Just curious.......................

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…