strange connectors inside PC case

mags65 14:41 23 Nov 05

I have just finished (well maybe) a new PC for my kids Xmas. Everything seems to be working fine but inside the case there was a couple of strange wire connections that weren't in the last case I used. They looked just like the connectors you plug into the back of the PC from your speakers or MIC. (jack plug type) couldn't figure where they are supposed to be connected inside the case. They look like they are leading from the speaker and MIC connections on the front of the case next to the USB ports. One was green and the other a kind of pale pinkish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and it was an ebuyer deluxe, budget case. Ta in advance.

Klof Ron 15:00 23 Nov 05

I have the same on mine, and they are supposed to run through the back of the case vis a PCI card blank (removed) and into the connectors on the soundcard, problem is when they are connected like that you can only use the front ports for a headset. I just tied mine up inside the case and forgot about them.

DieSse 15:20 23 Nov 05

"deluxe, budget case."

Isn't advertising a wonderful thing ;-))

britto 16:00 23 Nov 05

I suppose if accessing the rear of your case was awkward you could use two audio splitters to enable the front sockets which would make it easier to connect headphones & mike

mags65 23:40 25 Nov 05

Ok i have just tied them up inside my case also. The speakers have a headphone socket anyway and we never use a mic. DELUXE is the name of the case it is not the standard but I know what you mean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…