Strange Characters in e-mails

Richard Madeley 19:46 06 Feb 04

Don't know what happened to my other post but the subject line seems to have failed, mods please delete.

It said: every time we send an e-mail since installing Zone Alarm the full stop character appears as '. ' in the receiver's e-mail (sent using AOL8).

WHY?

Richard Madeley 20:41 06 Feb 04

ey? it's disappeared from my first post. full stops are of course '.' but what i wrote was &-n b-s-p (without the spaces) is it some form of html code that's associated with something else?

Also asked AOl Tech Chat and apparently it's under investigation as it's been widely reported.

Diodorus Siculus 20:54 06 Feb 04

Certainly seems like a problem rendering the html for some reason.

Djohn 21:08 06 Feb 04

Taken from google. j.

Short Answer

is the entity used to represent a non-breaking space. It is essentially a standard space, the primary difference being that a browser should not break (or wrap) a line of text at the point that this   occupies

Djohn 21:10 06 Feb 04

The letters &-n-b-s-p should have been at the start of the paragraph, but did not come through. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…