Strange Browser Launch!

dogbreath1 08:54 13 Apr 06

Twice in the last couple of weeks, a works PC (XP SP2 and Firefox) has, whilst idling on the desktop, spontaneously launched Firefox and logged onto a web page. The first occasion took me to the Formula One home page and on the second occasion, the page was Britannia Music (neither of which I have visited before).

On the first occasion, I noticed (out of the corner of my eye!!) a really large (in terms of font size) WWW. address momentarily appear in green letters on the desktop prior to the formula one site launch. Very wierd...

Have scanned with Spybot S&D, Ad-aware, a-squared and Ewido with clear results. Any ideas please??

PS. This is not a wind-up!!

rawprawn 11:53 13 Apr 06

Have a look in "Connection Settings" see if someone has inadvertently changed your normal setting.

Fellsider 12:33 13 Apr 06

"On the first occasion, I noticed (out of the corner of my eye!!) a really large (in terms of font size) WWW. address momentarily appear in green letters on the desktop prior to the formula one site launch. Very wierd..."

This would seem to indicate something with a function key for the web on the keyboard.

dogbreath1 18:06 13 Apr 06

Thanks mate. Settings are all as they were, but worth a check.

dogbreath1 18:10 13 Apr 06

A very good possibility. The keyboard actually has internet keys...plus, a couple of times recently, it has stopped functioning until I disconnect then reconnect the USB lead. It may be a dodgy keyboard. Thanks for the pointer, if the problem persists I will renew the keyboard as a first option. Cheers, db.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…