Strange beep

duplo 15:55 20 Jan 03
  duplo 15:55 20 Jan 03

Whenever I am running windows XP occasionally there is a strange 'beep' noise from the Mobo followed by a short whine and then it continues as normal. It also happens when I shut down.

I have the monitoring s/w installed and all the fans are spinning correctly (I am a bit dubious as it says all the fans are running at 6617 RPM- AGP, Processor and System). As far as I am aware I dont have a system fan? I took the case off and let it run and the fans are all spinning (processor and AGP).

I dont seem to have the noise when I run 2k (duel boot). But again it makes the noise when i shut down.

Any ideas?

(P.S: Its a Leadtek Mobo Nforce chipset,AMD 2200XP, 512DDR 333 RAM, GF4 Ti4200 128MB, 120GB and 40GB HD's)

OBE-1 18:46 20 Jan 03

if the beep noise is coming from the little speeker inside you computor it could mean that you are running low on you system resources or you have a heat wanning system in you bios that is tell you that there is a problem with you system over heating.
open you computor and see if there is a lot of dust in there if so give it a clean also let your computor breath ie is there space for air to cool it or is it stuck in a small space with no ventilation round it.

duplo 18:58 20 Jan 03

The computer is fairly new... and no major amount of dust. The cpu runs at 51degs and I set the bios to warn me at 60, shut down automatically at 65.

I dont know how I could be low on resources, it happens even when I am just running word (with a ICQ, Spead gear, hotsink and Zone Alarm in background). I ran that much stuff on my old machine?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…