strange audio connector

howard64 17:30 29 May 07

I had delivered today an asus dvd drive drw 1814 blt. The audio connection appears to be 6 pins [3 over 3] to the left of the sata connectors at the bottom looking from the back of the unit. I have never seen an audio connector like this before and wonder if this is a new type and if so can I get a cable for it to connect to the motherboard?

harry12 17:38 29 May 07

Are the pins not jumper pins?

howard64 17:42 29 May 07

if they are there is no audio connecttion available! I must say they look like jumper pins but there is no mention of them in the 1 page manual. Could audio travel up the sata cable?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:46 29 May 07

All sorts of info on your kit at click here inclding a picture of your pins.

howard64 18:43 29 May 07

thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ very interesting but not one mention of sound [if you want to listen to a cd etc.] As you can see from the pins there is no normal connection for a sound cable. I wonder if sound will travel to the soundcard via the sata cable?

howard64 10:26 02 Jun 07

I have heard from Asus Technical support in Taiwan. They were very helpful and state that the audio from the drive is carried by the sata cable. It is a shame that their instruction leaflet actually says install the audio cable. Hopefully this now means 1 less cable has to be installed in a pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…