Strange Activity

BigMan24 01:20 13 Mar 05

Hi guys, I'm getting some strange activity on my local area network which I'm pretty concerned about.

I don't know if its a virus or spyware or something.

When double clicking on the two computers down the bottom right hand corner the LAN Status box appears. In the general tab there is a connection box of information that tells me i'm connected, the duration, and the speed. However, its the box under that one which concerns me. Its called the activity box.

After a duration of 24 minutes the activity box reads:

Packets Received 1,470 (pretty normal i think)
Packets Sent (i'll do this carefully):
1,279,900,256,280 (that was at one moment, but by the time its taken me to write this its gon up to 1,301,375,092,772)

I find this quite concerning! I dont know if its a virus or something to worry about or not.

Does anyone know why this could be so? And does anyone know how I could fix it (if there is something wrong - which i suspect) or maybe just get it down to a sensible number of packets sent?

Thanks very much!
Ur advice is very much appreciated!

Lady Lara 01:23 13 Mar 05

have you run got spybot, ad aware, spy doctor ?? If not you need em. This does not sound right to me. What AV you running?

BigMan24 01:35 13 Mar 05

yeah, i've ran the latest version of adaware and norton antivirus, they both found nothing.

I don't know what i should do!

Cheers for the reply.

If more details are needed just ask and i'll be more specific!

Cheers

BigMan24 01:58 13 Mar 05

Update,

the duration is now 1hr 5 mins

Packets sent:
and packets received:

Worrying!!!!

VoG II 09:55 13 Mar 05

Scan with a² click here

canard 23:01 13 Mar 05

If you have a firewall check the traffic log to see where those packets are going and block the destination. Applications like Win32 kernel can also be blocked from sending info without permission on Sygate. Zonealarm will be a bit different.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…