Storing Outlook emails

collinsc 20:09 29 Oct 08

Hi

I want to store some old outlook emails. Can i drag them to an external hard drive and then drag them back if required?

i assume the only problem would be if we then upgraded our MS Office at a later date?

thanks

Stuartli 20:18 29 Oct 08

See:

click here

Outlook Express version:

click here

Sea Urchin 00:38 30 Oct 08

A quick way to do it. Create a new folder on your desktop - open Outlook in such a way that you can see the folder, and highlight all the mail you wish to save. Then drag the whole lot onto/into the folder. You could then write the folder to your external drive.

To return the mail to Outlook reverse the process - open the folder, highlight the block of messages and drag it back into the Inbox/Sent or whichever.

al's left peg 22:15 29 Sep 09

bookmark

DieSse 00:20 30 Sep 09

You can just make a folder in Outlook and call it Old Mails - or some such.

Outlook itself uses a database system for storage, and is perfectly capable of storing mails. I use Thunderbird rather then Outlook or similar - but I keep all my emails stored in folders in it. That's what email clients are designed to do.

They're all backed up in a general backup along with everything else in case of problems, of course!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…