Storing Outlook emails

collinsc 20:09 29 Oct 08

Hi

I want to store some old outlook emails. Can i drag them to an external hard drive and then drag them back if required?

i assume the only problem would be if we then upgraded our MS Office at a later date?

thanks

Stuartli 20:18 29 Oct 08

See:

click here

Outlook Express version:

click here

Sea Urchin 00:38 30 Oct 08

A quick way to do it. Create a new folder on your desktop - open Outlook in such a way that you can see the folder, and highlight all the mail you wish to save. Then drag the whole lot onto/into the folder. You could then write the folder to your external drive.

To return the mail to Outlook reverse the process - open the folder, highlight the block of messages and drag it back into the Inbox/Sent or whichever.

al's left peg 22:15 29 Sep 09

bookmark

DieSse 00:20 30 Sep 09

You can just make a folder in Outlook and call it Old Mails - or some such.

Outlook itself uses a database system for storage, and is perfectly capable of storing mails. I use Thunderbird rather then Outlook or similar - but I keep all my emails stored in folders in it. That's what email clients are designed to do.

They're all backed up in a general backup along with everything else in case of problems, of course!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…