Storing Coloured Symbols

Blueclub 16:31 19 Jan 07

I have used the standard MS Add Symbol to access the four card suits, Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts and Spades via Ctrl+F1, Ctrl+F2, Ctrl+F3 and Ctrl+F4 respectively.

The symbols are Black, whereas the Diamond and Hearts symbols should be Red.

Can I utilise the same facilty and have Red symbols? If so, how?

Blueclub

Taff™ 16:41 19 Jan 07

Assuming you`re using Word - Select the symbol and then go to Format>Font and select a colour (RED)

Taff™ 09:41 20 Jan 07

"I am know how to change the colour of the symbol, my question is how do I then assign the coloured symbol to a short cut key? I am trying to avoid doing what I am currently having to do when using Word, which is Ctrl+F2 for the diamond and then highlighting the symbol and colouring it red. I teach Bridge and must use both the Heart and Diamond symbols at least 700 to 1,000 times per week, so the present process is very tedious and time consuming. Any ideas?"

Please keep your responses on the thread - others could have resolved this while I was away! Only use the envelope if invited to do so.

Taff™ 09:43 20 Jan 07

We`ll try Autotext. Create the red diamond as I said and then highlight it – be sure you select only the diamond and not anything else like spaces or carriage returns. Then go to Insert>Autotext>New (or ALT key & F3 key together) call it “d” without the quotation marks.

In your word document type d and then press the F3 key. You should now have your red diamond and continue typing in normal black font. Do the same for your other symbols naming them "h" "c" "s" w/o quotation marks.

VoG II 09:46 20 Jan 07

click here

Indicate as solved by e-mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video