Storage problems

lothlann 01:02 AM 02 May 11

I have reached the limit on most of my storage drives and am looking for solutions.

Just to fill you in I have a 1tb desktop external, 500gb desktop external and a 1tb portable external.

I am considering upgrading the desktop to 2tb and using the old 1tb to replace the 500gb. This approach would also need me to get a bigger portable to fit what is on there.

Another approach would be to get myself a 3tb internal SATA (or bigger if possible but I can't find anything) and replace the 1tb desktop with that. This would enable me to move a lot of data from the portable to that as it doesnt need to be portable, just is handy a lot of the time. But I can use a working 1tb to take around with me. I think this may end up cheapest.

Finally, I have an old machine knocking about and was wondering what could I do with that. I am afraid my knowledge lets me down here and I am unsure of my options.

Many thanks for advice in advance,

rdave13 01:51 AM 02 May 11

You certainly need some storage space. Ever thought of buying a usb caddy (enclosure) then you could buy an never ending supply of tetra HDDs and just label and swap them when needed? Possibly a docking station? amazon

Examples only.

lothlann 14:56 PM 02 May 11

That is a possibility but I am wondering how best to use the old computer I have, not sure if there is any storage solution I could use there?

Thanks for your advice, I will work out the cost of one of those.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…