Storage Device Needed Please.

Baskerville 12:57 06 Sep 06

Hello to all,

My mates comp is playing up, his DVD, player and burner has gone bang, he cannot burn any photo's he has onto disc, he has a few hundred family stuff shot's and doesn't want to lose them (he is going back to factory setting for many reasons too numerous to mention here) he has no external hard drive though he is thinking of buying one can anyone help and recommend a storage device that he can use to put the photo's on just while the comp is re-formatted ?
Some sort of storage device? and I know there are many out there and can someone point me to a good reliable product that will do the job?

Many thanks,
Baskerville.

xania 13:12 06 Sep 06

Depends on amount to be stored but you might get away with click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:45 06 Sep 06

cheapest option is to buy another HDD and fit as slave.

Baskerville 13:57 06 Sep 06

That's the sort of thing he needs, I'll have a word with him tonight to see how may photo's he thinks he has and about what the average size his digital camera photo's are.
Many thanks,
Baskerville.

johndrew 14:37 06 Sep 06

If he is looking at a flash drive then Maplins 2GB looks good value click here looks good value and PC World click here looks even better.

Baskerville 14:56 06 Sep 06

Just the opposite with my mate his computer is full of silly downloads that his boys use and the flotsom and jetsom that came with them so he wants to 'deck' his computer and get rid of all the rubbish that's slowing him down, just a pity his drives went bang that's why he needs the storage device...just for his family shots and nothing else really.
2Gb should be enough for him.
Thanks,

Baskerville.

Baskerville 20:49 06 Sep 06

What does this Pen Drive do ?
click here
I mean why a Pen Drive? can't I just drag files onto it and then drag back from it? (once it is connected to the computer)

Baskerville.

citadel 20:58 06 Sep 06

if you have got windows xp you just plug a drive into a usb port then right click the folder with photos and select send to, then send to the drive.

Baskerville 21:38 06 Sep 06

Many thanks,

Baskerville.

wee eddie 22:02 06 Sep 06

Unless he has just started using a Camera 2GB is unlikely to be sufficient. Photos breed like Fruit Flies, by the thousand.

And there are lots of other things like his Address Book and family e-mails. An inexpensive External HDD will save his stuff and handle his backups for years to come.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…