Storage

chocolatejo987 22:52 13 Mar 05

I want to have some sort of storage device as a back up for my files. The last time I did this was back when floppy disks were the only option!! Are cds a good option? Or do I need some sort of storage device? Advice welcome!

JonnyTub 22:54 13 Mar 05

An external hard drive is the best option you coulc go for, they aren't that much more expensive than ineternals, and your files are safe regardless of the state of your os.

chocolatejo987 23:02 13 Mar 05

How much should I look to spend, and what sort of storage should i go for (how much should it be able to store)?

JonnyTub 23:03 13 Mar 05

Deoends on what you want to backup?

Video, digital photo's, word doc's, etc?

chocolatejo987 23:06 13 Mar 05

Mainly word docs really, as I dont want to be the one who loses all of their assignments at last minute. I suppose some digital pics too, but they're not essential

JonnyTub 23:06 13 Mar 05

click here I'd consider anything on this page large enough for most people's needs.

JonnyTub 23:08 13 Mar 05

bad link, type external hard drive into the search bar, go for a minimum of 60-100 gb, believe me you'll appreciate the space.

byfordr 23:09 13 Mar 05

250GB minimum! With music, movies and pictures space is being taken up quicker than ever. (You can also count on the next microshaft incarnations being more bloated than the last)

£107 250gb external lacie. £140 maxtor 16mb cache firewire/usb2 external inc good backup software.

Trawl through click here click here click here wwwpcindex.co.uk failing that click here click here normally have the best prices

R

THE TERMINATOR 23:16 13 Mar 05

I think that link should be click here

JonnyTub 23:17 13 Mar 05

You don't back up programmes, just the files they create, for what you want to back up (word docs and the occasional digi photo) 100gb would be my minimum, i'd consider 250gb excessive for your needs That's 50gb more than my whole pc can take with 4 hard drives installed. And believe me i've got movies, photo's galore with 150gb spare.

JonnyTub 23:18 13 Mar 05

Cheers Mr The Terminator :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…