Stopzilla Nightmare

Astrid 14:39 11 Jun 09

I run Windows XP SP3 and have recently asked Kaspersky lab why I constantly need to re-install the Kaspersky Security software. In reply they requested I email the result of a system scan and then told me I need to take Stopzilla from my system. I'd never heard of the software, but on investigation there are Stopzilla entries in my registry. When I try to delete these I find they're 'read only' and can't be deleted. I've searched the Net for info but all advice either seems too complicated or too risky. Is there anything 'safe' I can do to remove Stopzilla? And why is it on my system in the first place?

T I M B O 14:44 11 Jun 09

Have you tried to delete these registery entries using the Cleaner?

T I M B O 14:46 11 Jun 09
  Kevscar1 15:26 11 Jun 09

Right click on the folder. Click permission then tick the boxes to allow you to modify. Click apply. You should now be able to delete them

Astrid 16:09 11 Jun 09

Thank you for these suggestions. I never cease to be amazed at the knowledge within this forum. I used Cleaner and deleted all but one, and the tip about permission is invaluable, thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…