stopping virus/adware/spyware from non internet pc

pookie 08:42 22 Jun 04

i have 2 pcs. the first is 3Ghz, 1gb ram which i use only for gaming off line. i don't use it for internet at all. it has no anti-virus/spybot/etc on it. the other pc is old p133 with 98se on it. this I use for internet/ anti-virus etc. I download game patches/drivers/etc to old pc and transfer them to game pc via a usb link cable. before i transfer any files over i always check them for viruses/spyware/etc and once clear then i transfer.

is it ok for me to have the link cable connected to both pcs when old pc is on the internet. will any spyware/etc only go on the internet pc which i can then remove with adaware or can they travel down the link cable to game pc which has no adaware/anti-virus?

pookie 11:28 22 Jun 04

refreshed :-)

spuds 11:39 22 Jun 04

I assume that if your internet machine as good anti-virus protection,then any virus problems will be taken care off from that computer. Not sure about the adaware/spyware unless you have something like Spyware Blaster or Spy Sweeper.

pookie 12:16 22 Jun 04

i have avg anti-virus (regularly updated) and ad-aware and spybot search and destroy all on old internet pc but nothing on game pc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…