stopping Outlook express message appearing

terryp96 22:24 01 Oct 04

Hi, can anyone tell me how I can stop my e-mails downloading, I used a programme from a computer mag which allowed you to click on header but not expand the message unless you double clicked.
This was handy in deleting the rubbish without having to download the full message
Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 01:10 02 Oct 04

Try mailwasher from mailwasher.net which will allow you to delete the rubbish / unwanted mail and then launch your mail client to download what you want.

Djohn 01:53 02 Oct 04

You can also alter your express window so that it only shows the headings or titles and then you double click on the one you want to read.

Open explorer then express. Click on the View Icon at the top of the page, click on layout and remove the tick from "Show preview pane" close down express and reopen, you will now see only the one window pane instead of two.

All your headings will be on show and to read the mail you double click on the heading and the mail will open in a separate window. All the one's you don't want to read, highlight and delete. Hope this is of some help. j.

terryp96 17:05 02 Oct 04

Thanks Djohn that's exactly what I wanted, thanks also to Diadorus, I used to have Mailwasher but not at the moment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…