Stopping ipod starting up.

BrownBoy 15:47 14 Jan 05

My wife and I have seperate logins on our XP PC. When she logs in first, the ipod software starts up. When I log in or switch user, it won't let me access itunes and asks me to log off the other user. It's my ipod and my wife doesn't use it. Does anyone know how I can tell her login not to access the ipod software?

recap 15:51 14 Jan 05

Was the iPod software installed when you were logged in or your wife. If it was your wife then this is the reason as the software needs to be installed in your account.

BrownBoy 16:03 14 Jan 05

No, it was loaded on my account. (I'm an administrator). Basically I only want any ipod software on my account. It doesn't seem to be running on hers when I look at her task manager. Strangly, only the main window appears in "task manager" in her account. All the tabs are missing.

Upgrader 16:05 14 Jan 05

I have this problem and the easiest solution is to log the other user off. They can log on afterwards if necessary. Logging off and on again is only a few seconds longer than switching users.

BrownBoy 16:50 14 Jan 05

Thanks upgrader. I've been doing that, but as my wife is usually working on the PC during the day, it's inconvenient for her to keep having to save her work. She's an accountant with quite a few programmes running at the same time. BTW, I've found the tabs! Double clicking in the task manager hides/restores them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…