Stopping Checkdisk on startup

bjantbear 09:52 02 Jul 08

I have just reinstalled Windows XP Home and I would like to stop Checkdisk from running automatically when I start up.

Can some one help me, please?

Also can someone tell me how to skip the accounts log in screen. I never used to have it but I do not remember how to stop it.

rawprawn 10:27 02 Jul 08

. First click Start> Run> bring up a command prompt by typing in “CMD” and type ” fsutil dirty query d: “. This queries the drive, and more than likely it will tell you that it is dirty. Next, type “CHKNTFS /X D:”. The X tells Windows to NOT check that particular drive on the next reboot. At this time, manually reboot your computer, it should not do a Chkdsk and take you directly to Windows.

rawprawn 10:30 02 Jul 08

login click here

bjantbear 13:56 02 Jul 08

Thanks rawpawn for your solutions and here's the update.

Item one has worked alright.

Iten 2 does not work properly. When I restart the PC and I reach the welcome screen the PC freezes and then nothing happens.

Just before the welcome screen starts there is a quick flash of the log-in screen and then it disappears.

If I can't get rid of it I will just have to live with it but it is annoying as I never had this before I re-installed windows.

rawprawn 14:31 02 Jul 08

Control panel - user accounts - change the way users log on and off - take the check mark out of use welcome screen - click apply options

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…