Stopping Backup and starting again

firegamp 12:12 26 Apr 08

I fiddled about with the idea of using Microsoft Back-up on my XP Pro and closed the wizard after filling in a bit of it. Now I keep finding backup files in My Documents and on the Seagate stand-alone usb storage device. They're easy to delete/Erase -- but how do I stop them appearing and set up a new backup regime?

Pineman100 15:07 28 Apr 08

I'm hesitant about posting this, because I've never used Microsoft Backup, and I don't know whether the link below refers to the same Microsoft backup software. So be careful - but I hope it might be some help.

click here

firegamp 15:14 11 Jul 10

Should it be possible to save a Word file to a CD-R?

My drive is working because I have just read a .doc file from one, but when I put a new CD-R in the drive, it will not allow me to save to a Word file to it, saying "Please insert a disc...."

Should the disc be formatted first, or something. I thought that is already done when a CD is bought.

firegamp

Pineman100 18:17 12 Jul 10

firegamp - this thread is already closed, so you may not get many replies. I should start a new one for this new question.

But while I'm here...

Yes, you should of course be able to burn a Word file to a CD-R. If your drive is not recognising the CD, then the disk may be faulty.

Given how cheap they are, I should just chuck it and try another one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…