stopping auto connecting

mcds01 14:44 11 Jul 04

every time i start up my computer it tries to connect to the internet. its says the site is sp2-nug.com. I normally syop it from doing so as i think its spyware or the like but i have run both ad-aware and spybot S&D and they cannot find any. SO i let it connect to it and nothing seemed to hapen. the next time i started up it tried to copnnect to a diff site - optimalsoft.com. Once again i let it connect and now it had gone bcak to trying to connect to the first one. Anyone know how i can stop this autoconnect happenning?

Diodorus Siculus 14:48 11 Jul 04

Check what is running at startup.

start

run

msconfig

mcds01 15:00 11 Jul 04

did that. there are only 5 items there all of which i know except for ctfmon but i think thats a windows thing and is ok?

Diodorus Siculus 15:02 11 Jul 04

click here and try this one online.

ctfmon is ok; part of MS Office.

mcds01 15:24 11 Jul 04

ok it found a few tracing cookies, a hijacker and 2 diallers. what do i do now?

Diodorus Siculus 15:45 11 Jul 04

Try to get it to clean them out.

click here
CWS click here
A² These may also help.

THE TERMINATOR 15:52 11 Jul 04

Hi, pick a page for IE to connect to when you surf the web, click on Tools and choose internet options, and click on, use current. Click on apply & OK then close IE. Re-start IE and see if it connects to the site that you chose....TT

mcds01 17:44 11 Jul 04

A² got it. thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…