Stopping

rins36 21:21 22 Apr 03

Spam e-mails on both talk21 & Yahoo....is there an easy way to do this?

rins36 23:41 23 May 03

Forgot about this posting can anyone help

Djohn 00:15 24 May 03

Something we all have to deal with unfortunately. First rule though is never reply to any of them, delete without opening, and never open an attachment if one is included.

You can use a separate e-mail address for all your surfing and general work, separate one for family and friends. Also each time you do receive one, add it to you "Blocked list" in IE, gradually over a period of time they will decrease.

Also you could try one of the filter programs such as "Mailwasher" once set up this will filter out the worst of them. J.

beeuuem 01:02 24 May 03

Mailwasher, as endoresed by Djohn, is available -free- from click here
It is used by many on this forum and is fairly simple to set up. It won't stop spam being sent to you, but you can delete the mail while it is on the server, before it reaches your computer.

beeuuem 01:03 24 May 03

Or even 'as endorsed by Djohn' :-)

Djohn 01:07 24 May 03

Think I prefer the "endoresed", sorry for forgeting the link. old age! :o)

hugh-265156 01:10 24 May 03

ive tried various spam filters and none worked,latest of which was spampal.

i have set up a mail rule over this past few weeks that does work.

took me a while to type in all the dirty words etc but is very effective.even works on spam that keeps changing addresses.

hugh-265156 01:10 24 May 03

but only for outlook express sorry.stil get msn spam etc.

beeuuem 01:18 24 May 03

Well, modern teaching is to encourage original thought and not worry about spelling and grammar. My thought may not be original but the spelling is all my own.!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…