stop win 98 logo on boot?

blowworm 19:47 11 May 03

Hi,
Any help on stopping the win98 logo on boot would be helpful, cant see anything that obvious to uncheck in the msconfig startup?

Thanks,

James

VoG™ 20:05 11 May 03

The file is C:\LOGO.SYS

If you rename it or move it somewhere else you shouldn't see the startup screen. I wouldn't delete it, just in case.

crx1600 20:05 11 May 03

the startup screen is the logo.sys file stored on the C\: directory.

it is easily replaced,but not sure if it can be removed.

there is some info here click here

Brian-336451 20:11 11 May 03

How to Edit the Msdos.sys File
If you want to change any of the values in the Msdos.sys file, follow these steps to edit the file:
Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files Or Folders.
In the Named box, type msdos.sys. In the Look In box, click your boot drive (usually drive C, or drive H if drive C is compressed). Click the Find Now button.
Right-click the Msdos.sys file, and then click Properties.
Click to clear the Read-Only and Hidden check boxes to remove these attributes from the Msdos.sys file, and then click OK.
Right-click the Msdos.sys file, and then click Open With.
In the Choose the program you want to use box, click WordPad, and then click OK.
Make the changes you want to the Msdos.sys file. When you are done, save the file as a text document, and then quit WordPad.
Right-click the Msdos.sys file, and then click Properties.
Select the Read-Only and Hidden check boxes to set the attributes for the file, and then click OK. Close the Find window.
Restart Windows.

Once inside the file under Options type Logo=0

obbit 20:16 11 May 03

try a rearch for Tweak ui . download and that, i think can turn it off as well as other things

woodchip 20:20 11 May 03

As obbit it's what I use click here Top one when you have downloaded it. Right click on the .Inf file and choose install, it will be in the control panel

obbit 20:21 11 May 03

search for Tweak ui.

when you have Tweak ui working open it and click on the boot tab and uncheck "display splash screen while booting"

regards

BlueMeanie 20:07 12 May 03

logo.sys = Windows98 start up splash screen

logos.sys = Now Safe to Turn Off

Logow.sys = Splash screen showing "Windows is Shutting Down"

All of these files are in the root directory and/or C:\Windows

All these files are BMP files and can be changed in ie MS Paint; make a copy into another location before amending.

For schools I sometimes add to the start up splash the name of the school, and a comment please wait while files are loading...

And as the sad git that I am, I some times change the closing screens..

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…