Stop web image being copied from web? Jester 2K II

The Belarussian Mafia 18:30 01 Sep 03

Six weeks ago I started a thread to find out how to prevent images being copied from a webpage. Someone called Jester2K II came up with the very creative solution of putting "clear images over the top of all the graphics", so that "any right click would only download the top clear graphic". I assumed I could create "clear images" using Paint Shop Pro, but all I have found is that I can create an image that consists entirely of a "transparent background" (in greyscale or 24-bit). I then convert this psp file to gif or jpeg, but neither of the resulting images produces a "clear image" over the top of my main image - they just produce a white layer which totally covers the image that needs to be visible.
I must be barking up the wrong tree.
Is the Jester out there (-or anyone else who knows what he had in mind?)

-pops- 18:32 01 Sep 03

J2KII is a very regular visitor and no doubt will be along soon.

TOPCAT® 18:52 01 Sep 03

Here's some code for stopping images being stolen, plus some extra stuff. Hope this helps you. TC.

click here

MAJ 19:07 01 Sep 03

It's too easy to disable that code, TOPCAT®, anyone who is aware enough can overcome it with a couple of clicks, but for the casual "thief" (for want of a better word) it is more than sufficient. I'm not aware of any foolproof way to protect images on the web, but would also be interested to hear what Jester has in mind.

MAJ 19:09 01 Sep 03

Putting a watermark on your images is as good a way as any to thwart someone's attempts at reusing your piccies.

The Belarussian Mafia 19:21 01 Sep 03

Thanks for all these responses. Incidentally, the page that TOPCAT pointed me to had a very useful link to a page that explains how to prevent Google from picking up your images. Nice one.
Still hoping JK2 materialises...

Klondyke_Pete 19:38 01 Sep 03

Surely,simply covering an image with a transparent sheath won't help anyway?? You don't necessarily have to right-click an image to copy it!!

Print screen does a fine job,followed by a swift paste job in Paint Shop Pro.

The Belarussian Mafia 10:42 02 Sep 03

Come on Jester, we need you...

ordep 10:54 02 Sep 03

I've given him a shout

TOPCAT® 11:05 02 Sep 03

You can download a demo or purchase for $29.85. TC.

click here

The Belarussian Mafia 11:24 02 Sep 03

Much obliged, Ordep.

TOPCAT - I'm on my way to dig out my credit card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…