Stop Start Performance

spikey9 17:09 08 Dec 03

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300, 320mg Ram, 20 Meg hard drive, running Windows 98 SE. When working on the net the computer will "stop", that is the two small monitors shown on the bottom of the screen will not be lit up, as they are when working normally.This will last for a minute or two, I can then carry on surfing for a minute or so then it will happen again. I've removed all programs from working in the background, I've removed the extra RAM I've bought I've updated modem driver and even formatted the drive re installed windows 98se. Even with nothing else loaded on the hard drive it still happens. Now and then after starting Internet Explorer, the "Dial up connection" dialog box won't appear for a minute or so. Anyone with ant ideas would be gratefully recieved. Help

LeadingMNMs 07:29 09 Dec 03

What are the two monitors, one should be for the internet connection but the other one ?
Is it an internal cable modem or some sort of wireless link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…