stop net page opening

conrail 15:06 19 Dec 03

everytime I log onto the net I get a "" page appearing, I have never knowingly used their site and there is no option on it that I can see to unsubscribe, can anybody shed any light on it and how I can stop it, it is not my home page, I use xp + ie6, thanks

GibsonSt19 15:24 19 Dec 03

Are you able to go to Tools, Internet Options, then set your default homepage to your preference? click here is always a good one.

Merry Christmas

critic-al 15:30 19 Dec 03

download AD-AWARE to elevate this problem
click here

conrail 15:41 19 Dec 03

thanks GibsonSt19 but my home page is set to "click here" and thanks to critic-al but I have ad aware and pop up stopper but when I logged back on to get these replys it has appeared again, aparently it is a search engine but I cannot find out why it is loading, I get a green $ and "save now"on the taskbar by the srat button. I do have jeeves, google and yahoo on my favourites to search, they have been on a while so should not be related to them

Jester2K II 15:48 19 Dec 03

make sure AdAware is up to date before you scan with it.

Or try SpyBot click here Also update it before you scan.

Did you install Kazaa cos this stuff comes with it?

VoG II 15:50 19 Dec 03
  conrail 17:57 19 Dec 03

thanks VoG, that seems to have got rid of it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…