Stop 'My Documents' expanding by default.

Russ100 10:42 01 Nov 04

It's not a problem, just annoying. How do I stop the 'My Documents' folder expanding by default when I use Windows Explorer.

O/S Win 2K Pro.

Gongoozler 10:58 01 Nov 04

So I can try to give an answer tailored to your requirements, can you give me an idea of what folder you want Windows Explorer to open at.

Russ100 11:05 01 Nov 04

I don't really care, as long as the documents folder is collapsed - if I want to be in there I can access it from the Desktop. Let's say for, arguments sake, I want to set the D Drive as the target, but again collapsed if at all possible.

Sethhaniel 11:22 01 Nov 04

select Properties - Shortcut - target
should read:- %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe

add /e, to shortcut remember space between exe & /e, as (%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, )
apply & OK should solve it ;)

Gongoozler 11:40 01 Nov 04

As Sethaniel says.

My shortcut is

%systemroot%\explorer.exe /e, D:

because I want mine to open at the D: drive where I keep all my save files. You can replace the D: with any drive or folder. The cpmplications come in when you want to open at My Documents or My Computer or any such location that can't be described by a Drive - Folder instruction.

Sethhaniel 11:49 01 Nov 04

c:\Doucuments and settings/*account name*/My computer

;)

Gongoozler 11:52 01 Nov 04

Hi Sethaniel. But I don't have a c:\Doucuments and settings ;-))

Russ100 13:15 01 Nov 04

Ah, thats better! One less irritation.

Thanks for your help folks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…