Stop MSN Messenger 7.0

Mike 19:39 08 Nov 05

Hi all,

MSN Messenger keeps appearing in the sys tray while I am reading Email on MSN Hotmail. When I right click the Icon and Exit, I am told that another application is using it.

I do Ctrl,Alt Del and shut it down. But why is this happening. Spyware? Running Panda and Spybot both updated regularly.

ACOLYTE 19:43 08 Nov 05

Its happening because you have hotmail open and its loading you msn contacts so they show up and you can email them.

Mike 19:50 08 Nov 05

I have Messenger disabled so not to load when MSN open.

ICF 20:06 08 Nov 05

You can uninstall messenger with add and remove progs. Select add and remove windows components.

Mike 20:18 08 Nov 05

Need to keep it as Daughter chats to her pals with it.

Chegs ® 20:37 08 Nov 05

MSCONFIG untick msn messenger from there,if that dont stop it loading up until you require it,nowt but uninstalling it will do. ;-)

Mike 01:16 09 Nov 05

I should have said I was running Win98se and cannot find an entry MSCONFIG.

Mike 01:23 09 Nov 05

I should have said I was running Win98se and cannot find an entry for MSN Messanger in MSCONFIG. ( missed a bit out)

Chegs ® 09:34 09 Nov 05

Start/Run/Type MSCONFIG into run box,there will be a listing in there.

Mike 14:19 09 Nov 05

Thanks Chegs ®, as I said there is a listing on each section but no entry for MSN Messenger. There are some pages however with boxes ticked but the entry is not visable. I don't want to untick a box when I don't know what it is. Is there a way of making those entries visable.

djbenny 14:39 09 Nov 05

Messenger loads up if you have hotmail, OE or outlook open if you want to use it whil e you are checking your emails, this can be annoying but do as above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…