STOP message on boot up

chrismuir 11:48 01 Nov 04

Hi

I am trying to sort out a problem on my parents PC - never the easiest when they are trying to explain to me over the phone what the problem is!!

They am currently getting on my computer a blue screen STOP message occasionally when they boot up. If they turn it off, it then lets them start up (with the option of safe mode). The error message is 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, ox8054BA39, 0xF8B492E8, 0xF8B48FE4).

I have looked on the windows web site, and found several options to this problem, but I don't understand most of them. Could you tell me (in plain English so I can explain to them!) what I should do - should they use a restore point to prior to that date, is it a driver problem , and if so how do I resolve it etc etc.

They are running Win XP SP2 on a standard Dell PC.

MTIA

Chris

recap 12:23 01 Nov 04

If you cannot pin point the specific error message on Microsofts support site then I would suggest you put the system back to a previous restore point.

pc moron 13:42 01 Nov 04

How old is the PC?

Have the error messages started since installing Windows xp or SP2?

It seems there's a number of reasons for this particular stop error click here for some info.

For Dell's support site click here

pc moron 13:45 01 Nov 04

Try again.

Stop error click here

Support click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…