Stop flash Objects on home Page.

birdface 16:59 16 Apr 07

Hi, I am with Ntl[Virgin].I use there home page and am getting fed up with their Flash programs on it ,Deal or no Deal plus other NTL Adverts,I have tried stopping them with Spywareblaster's stop flash on IE7.It works now and again ,but I still get them,Downloaded a new host file to-day hoping that would help,But No.Anyone got any other idea's that I could try.

MAJ 17:07 16 Apr 07

Try Adkiller, it works pretty well in killing Flash ads. click here

birdface 17:18 16 Apr 07

Thanks for that,I will keep your Adkiller for a bit later,I was hoping that someone with NTL would have an easier solution.I was not wanting to download any more programs on to computer,But I suppose one more wont make mutch difference.

MAJ 17:22 16 Apr 07

No worries, buteman. It's only 767KB in size, it's free and it works.

birdface 17:41 16 Apr 07

Ok,Many thanks.

birdface 09:23 17 Apr 07

Anybody Have an alternative to Maj's Adkiller,Anybody with NTl or Virgin have the same problem.

birdface 10:17 17 Apr 07

Well just had a brainwave,Phone Ntl,So I did,Got put through to their call center in India[ I think.]Explained my problem about flash adverts on their home page,Chap never had a clue to what I meant,But after about 5 minutes after asking all the questions,He had it solved,Turn off your computer for 3 minutes then turn it back on again,I did and would you believe it,It was still the same,Thank goodness it was a free call,[ I hope.]Was worth a try I suppose.

birdface 09:57 21 Apr 07

Hi tried that ,But it would not shift the Flash adverts in Ntl,So still looking,

johnnyrocker 10:22 21 Apr 07

click here?

johnny.

MAJ 10:26 21 Apr 07

Post a link to the page you're talking about, buteman, let's see these flash ads and banners.

As an aside (for other readers), if you are using Firefox you could use a couple of Firefox add-ons:

Adblock Plus: click here

Adblock Filterset.G Updater: click here

Both very effective additions to the standard pop-up blocker that comes with Firefox.

birdface 10:26 21 Apr 07

Ok decided that I will just put up with the flash adverts,Its not that often that I am on the home page anyway,Now saying that someone was looking for a new IP this morning,So sent them a copy of my home page,Although I get flash adverts on it they did not show on the click here,So is the problem just on my computer or does anyone else with Ntl or Virgin have them,Usually for Bingo or others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009