Stop Errors: Win XP Pro SP2/Word 2003

m800afc 22:22 25 Jan 07

In the last two months i have started getting Stop Errors when I use Word 2003. I do not get the blue screen of death, and I do not get an error message. The computer reboots automatically and reports that windows has recovered from a serious problem. On reporting the problem I get a message saying that it is a stop error, cause unknown and there is no solution. This only happens when I am using Word
Any ideas on how I can stop this happening?

Diodorus Siculus 23:14 25 Jan 07

Do you have a "detect and repair" option under "help" in Word 2003?

m800afc 02:28 26 Jan 07

Between 10pm Thursday and 1.30am Friday it stopped 14 times! In the end it was only lasting two minutes or so, so I have given up for the night. The Detect and Repair reports that it has completed successfully. I will try again tomorrow.

m800afc 19:03 29 Jan 07

Despite doing a fresh install from the original CD something is still causing a stop error. The only error message I get is "Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted" It then restarts and I have lost my work. I have checked on the microsoft report, which is produced when I submit an error form, that there is no solution to this problem. I cannot really use Word now as it only lasts about 30 seconds before shutting down again. What sort of devillry is causing this?

Diodorus Siculus 20:08 29 Jan 07

Do you have all Windows and MS updates? That;s all I can think of :(

Take a look at Abiword if you need a decent wordprocessor before you get this sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac