Stop errors and blue screen on certain games

Jememeery 12:13 13 Sep 07

I have a packard bell imedia computer with windows XP SP2, a problem we have had is certain games (worms/Roller Coaster Tycoon) suddenly cause a stop error the dreaded blue screen and the system shuts down, all driver updates have been performed and only these games cause the problem one error was Driver_irql_not_less_or_more_equal, I followed the instructions to correct to no avail. However running `msconfig` in the run screen clicking `services` and disabling all partly cures the problem as the games in question will now run, however without sound as the drivers have been disabled, trying the games on our older 98 machine they run ok, thanks for your help.

martjc 12:55 13 Sep 07

...with Worms in particular, if you use it on an older machine, the prog realises this and runs in accord with Win98s methods.
However, if run on more recent system with a good card, more is expected of it. If the card does not come up to the prog's expectations, this can cause what you have experienced.
I would contact team17 about this. Once addressed the problem will be better understood.

bof:) 14:32 13 Sep 07

try this, right click game icon, go to properties/compatibility and put a tick in the box next to 'Run this program in Compatability for' and select Windows98. Then click ok

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…