Stop deleted prog trying to re install again and a

pinkjune 10:51 22 Jun 06

I have had a programme which is deleted now, trying to re install in the hardware wizard every time the pc is switched on. It tries 3 times in every boot up before it stops (by me cancelling it)
June

johnnyrocker 11:13 22 Jun 06

in what way did you delete it add/remove or it's own uninstaller?

johnny.

Belatucadrus 11:17 22 Jun 06

What program is it ?

pinkjune 11:23 22 Jun 06

Hi,
the prog was one the loaded but wasn't needed so the cd it was removed by Add/remove but still tried to install. The I searched everywhere for the files belonging to it in the MS Search. But it still loaded!
I cant fint anywhere to get any idea of how to stop - even if it means finding somewhere in the registry?
June

pinkjune 11:27 22 Jun 06

Hi,
The programme was for a LCD monitor to use along with a friends laptop. But it hat extra software settings which were not needed so we took them off. The monitor is not going to be used so all was taken back to original - well almost!

johnnyrocker 11:27 22 Jun 06

you still have not said what the program was, you may have to re install and uninstall via it's own uninstaller.

johnny.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:31 22 Jun 06

RegscrubXP click here

run and fix everything it finds. run again and fix again.

This may stop your problem.

johnnyrocker 11:33 22 Jun 06

if xp try system restore to pre install?

johnny.

pinkjune 11:33 22 Jun 06

The actual prog was for Philips SmartManage software with the drivers for the Philips LCD.When the installer has tried to re install I tried to carry on the task so it searches and doesn't locate the files needed from the disc - so it stops responding!
I can't uninstall or can I re install.

pinkjune 11:35 22 Jun 06

johnny,
xp yes but the restore won't help either

pinkjune 11:43 22 Jun 06

hi fruit bat
I've downloaded reg scrub and I'm trying it now
Hope it catches something

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…