STOP C0000139 ERROR

OCTCORE 15:12 03 May 09

Hello there,

I am trying to fix an XP update error.
I have a Pentium4 PC with XP PRO installed.

After running an update session, I get a blue screen with STOP c000139 Error, Encodepointloader entry not found in ntll.dll. The machine was ok before the updates. I have tried last know config etc. There has been much web chat about these errors, but the error seems generic and can mean several problems. I am trying to avoid a complete reinstall as this machine has XP pro and Office.
I have been able to slave the drive and look at the above file and a few others namely
kernel32.dll,gdi32.dll and ntl.dll all of which have not been modified in the last year or so. Although that might be irrelevant.
Regards.

rawprawn 16:28 03 May 09

Use "Repair XP" it will not affect your other programs or data, but you will loose windows updates which will have to be downloaded and installed
click here
Read it carefully.

OCTCORE 19:20 03 May 09

Thanks, I will need a copy of XP PRO?

rawprawn 08:14 04 May 09

Yes

OCTCORE 12:31 07 May 09

I tried this with XP HE and 'repair' option not available, trying to get hold of XP PRO or does it make no difference?

Regards.

rawprawn 16:46 07 May 09

I'm not sure. I know that you can use XP Pro on Home edition, but I don't know about the other way about. I would think it best to get a copy of XP Pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos