Stop Avast scanning on Boot?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:18 18 Feb 05

How do I stop avast 4 from scanning everytime I reboot the computer?

Done this once on mine, just installed on a friends PC and can not rember how to disable boot scanning.

SANTOS7 19:23 18 Feb 05

From the Start avast anti virus, you can click on the menu and select Schedule Boot-Time Scan.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:30 18 Feb 05

Cant find an option in there to not schedule

woodchip 19:36 18 Feb 05

Right click Avast in System tray choose settings

Buchan 35 19:45 18 Feb 05

Thanks for the thread and thank you Woodchip for the answer.- ))

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:20 18 Feb 05

Ok I'm being extremely thick here I still canot find anything in settings to disable boot scan.

SANTOS7 20:33 18 Feb 05

click here from the FAQs it seems you can only schedule scans in the pro editions...........

Belatucadrus 22:14 18 Feb 05

Try opening avast then look at the drop down menu there is a heading "Schedule Boot-Time scan" this opens a settings window, though my understanding was that it only set the boot scan to run once. Try clicking on cancel, see if that works.

Mango Grummit 22:38 18 Feb 05

Can't help you on this one I'm afraid. Tried Avast for 36 hours and came to the decision that anyone who uses it cannot have too much use for their computer, except for a little time after work or whatever they do.

Takes too long to scan!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 19 Feb 05

Sounds silly but best time to scan with avast is when not using.

avast has a screen saver, set up in the normal way for screen savers and it will scan when the screen saver comes on and even take up where it left off if you interupt the screen saver scan.

With auto updating this makes avast a simple install and forget solution to antivirus.

You do not need to remember to update or scan it will do it automatically.

Now all I've got to do is stop it scanning on boot everytime for this Sony Vaio. It doesn't do it on my own PC.

whybe 19:33 19 Feb 05

This may help. If you open the Avast main screen the simple user interface then click on the menu arrow in the top left hand corner. Click on Schedule boot time scan. It should then say it is set and do you wish to cancel the scan, click yes, it should then stop further boot scans. W

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…