stop alphabetical order......

thisisnighthawk 21:04 12 Mar 04

hi again...how do you stop a long list of files (music tracks) all landing up in alphabetical order.. win98se

thanks

GaT7 21:20 12 Mar 04

Where? In an Explorer window or Media Player? And how would you rather they appear?

thisisnighthawk 22:01 12 Mar 04

i want to put the music tracks in my own order in a folder before putting them in a mp3 player. thanks

GaT7 22:30 12 Mar 04

Try this:

1. View -> Arrange Icons -> By Date

2. View -> Arrange Icons -> By Size

3. View -> Arrange Icons -> By Size

One/all of the above should mix them up for you.

Can't you change the order once they are in the MP3 player? Sorry may be a stupid question but I know nothing about MP3 players!

GaT7 22:31 12 Mar 04

Sorry 3. should read

3. View -> Arrange Icons -> Auto Arrange

thisisnighthawk 22:35 12 Mar 04

thanks i will give it a try, I got a iRiver mp3 player, which will hold 15000 tracks of music, so far we have in it 400...the database in the player puts them in order, so i have taken the lot out to start again....... :-((

emmandelo1 14:00 14 Mar 04

thisisnighthawk, have tried various ways of doing this. Seems the only sure fire way is to give them file names with a number in front. i.e. "01 - track title - artist", "02 - track title - artist" and so on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…