Stll problem copying picture from e-mail

Duncanf 23:41 16 Sep 10

I was looking back in previous posts as I've received a large picture (not attachment)in an e-mail and tried most of the usual methods to get it into a powerpoint with no success. Diemmess, in one earlier post mentioned 'right click and save' but doing that and pasting into powerpoint only gives me a white sheet. Any ideas? Using XP Pro and Orange for my e-mails.

eedcam 05:33 17 Sep 10

If you right click and save you then dont paste you choose Insert> Picture >from file

Duncanf 09:20 17 Sep 10

Thanks eedcam. Sorry, I was slightly wrong in my post. I was using 'copy' and 'paste' and getting a white sheet. When I tried to 'right click and save' as Diemmess had suggested in an earlier post, I got the error message 'Could not complete the operation due to error 800700de.'

lotvic 09:23 17 Sep 10

Does the picture 'rightclick and save' work?
are you able to save the picture as a .jpg to a file and open it to see the picture?

If not then it is embedded in the email and a different method is required.

john bunyan 09:28 17 Sep 10

Have a look here:

click here

Duncanf 09:33 17 Sep 10

Thanks lotvic and john bunyan. The 'right click and save' didn't work but I'm pursuing john bunyan's options! Thanks to you both!

john bunyan 09:33 17 Sep 10

I use Outlook 2007 and W7. Tried right clicking and "Save" on an embedded photo. Then Tried Paint- Paste. It opened OK. I imagine the same with any photo imaging programme.
Maybe different wit XP.

Duncanf 09:37 17 Sep 10

I've done that before and saved into Paint but this time it's not letting me past the 'right click!' Still trying the other options you suggested. Thanks.

john bunyan 09:42 17 Sep 10

Just tried Paint and Photoshop CS5. Works in Paint if I click Paste button top left corner. Curiosly does not work in PS!

Duncanf 09:48 17 Sep 10

Thanks to you all. That's it fixed. The copy into Paint worked. I'm very grateful as always!

eedcam 12:55 17 Sep 10

Glad you are sorted To paste in Photoshop you ned to select New >image then you can paste

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac