Stinky Carpet

Jameslayer 02:14 02 Jan 11

Hi I had a slight accident I knocked over a bottle of Cider on the living room carpet and didn't notice so it has been down for over 2 days. I have been away and the carpet stinks. What's the best way to get it up and remove the smell.

Looking at Google they seem to recommend water and vinegar. Anyone got any other tips or better suggestions. I'm going to try my mate and see if I can borrow the carpet cleaner.

ICF 07:24 02 Jan 11

Yea a carpet cleaner you can hire them for £20 plus shampoo.Put some disinfectant on it first The clear stuff might be best it come in a trigger spray.

jolorna 08:26 02 Jan 11

i had the same problem with lager & the same as you googled it & ended up using the vinigar & water method & dabbing it out but still had to spray it with neutradol a few times when the carpet was dry

BT 08:39 02 Jan 11

Try sprinkling the area with Bicarbonate of Soda powder and leaving for a while then Hoover up.
If you need more penetration make into a solution and spray over the area and leave to dry.

Jameslayer 05:24 03 Jan 11

I used some cleaner from sainsburys seemed to have worked till I got home this morning and ewwww. So will be working my way down the cheep options.

tullie 06:24 03 Jan 11

Have a look here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017