y_not 06:40 08 Aug 03

Can anyone advise on a niggling problem, please.

Whenever I want to scan I have to re-install the twain drivers. After installing them the next time I boot up STIMON.exe runs and produces an error message along the lines of "STIMON cannot find the stillimagemanager" this message is repeated at about 20 second intervals. To stop the message I have to uncheck STIMON in the startup (msconfig) whiich then gives the problem again for the twain drivers.

System - Duron 700, 128Mb RAM, 6Gb HDD, Win98SE, Eposn Perfection 1260 (USB connection).

No printers attached to this PC.

Any help would be great

Many thanks

Lú-tzé 07:24 08 Aug 03

How about either an updated version of the scanner drivers (if that is a possiblility) or running the system file checker. To do the latter, go to

start_run and type in

sfc /scannow

It may be that the file related to the StillImageMonitor is corruped somehow.

y_not 19:47 08 Aug 03

Many thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding (it was a work thing!)

I've tried your suggestion and sfc found setupx.dll was corrupt so, hopefully, that might solve the problem.....time will tell.

I'll mark the thread as resolved and re-post if this hasn't cured the problem.

Again many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…